This position is responsible for directing 2 – 4 crew members in daily operations including quality control, training, punctuality and safety. Candidates must also have strong organization skills, ability to complete appropriate paperwork, and possess good leadership and communication skills. The employee will provide quality service that meets or exceeds our customers’ and management’s expectations. The employee will show attention to detail and effectively communicate with subordinates, peers and his/her supervisor. All employees will possess a friendly, customer service minded attitude and will conduct themselves in a professional manor.
SUPERVISE DAILY PREPARATION OF TRUCKS, EQUIPMENT AND INVENTORY:
• Report 15 minutes prior to regular start time to prepare/review the day’s work and prepare for the day. First to report & last to leave each day.
• Supervise & load all tools, gas, and other necessary equipment/materials. Secure all equipment safely.
• Ensure truck oil, fluids, tire pressure, proper trailer connection, and all lights stay in working condition.
Perform and manage landscape and maintenance tasks on client’s properties:
• Work in conjunction management to ensure the work contracted is implemented efficiently and according to the contracted specifications.
• Perform all tasks of operations including but not limited to mowing, string trimming, blowing, leaf and debris removal, weeding, edging, pruning, raking and mulch installation.
• Provide “on the job” training to all crew members in safety, equipment, technique, etc.
• Ability to coach members of the team as needed, and tracking this task.
• Ability to fill out job/accident/incident report forms as needed.
• Oversee proper safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment usage and practices of the crew.
• Proactively address questions or concerns with clients & management. Communicate customer’s questions immediately with team. Update customer with the status of the work progress.
End of the day duties:
• Clocking in & out. Complete all job site reports & report all sales opportunities.
• Unload/load equipment and material, clean out truck/trailer by removing trash, debris, etc. daily.
• Wash dirty equipment (including all mower decks).
• Report damaged or broken equipment to your manager immediately to get parts on order.
• Fill truck, mowers, equipment, and cans with gas in preparation for the next day (or as necessary).
• Strict adherence to company’s employee manual & procedures is required from all employees.
• Maintaining landscapes and lawns
• Accurate Job Reporting, Equipment Maintenance, Safety Protocol enhancement programs, field & safety training.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and reliable transportation,
• Prior experience required.
• Drug free work environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in Landscape Maintenance.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. + consistently throughout the day.
• High attention to detail...the customer doesn’t see what we do; they see what we don’t do that they paid for.
• High ability to deal with employees in a high stress environment while keeping your composure on and off the job.
• Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in all adverse weather conditions.
• Stoop, stand and bend for 10 hours or more a day.
• Strong Knowledge of grass required.
• Ability to read & write English, including maps & diagrams.